TommieMedia.com is an award-winning web-based, multimedia and student-run news organization, providing news, information and advertising opportunities as the online destination for student-reported news. A partnership with the Associated Press also allows TommieMedia.com to include local, regional, national and world news.
TommieMedia will be the University of St. Thomas’ destination for world,
national, regional, and campus content. A partnership with the Associated Press
will stream local, regional, and national news on TommieMedia.com. Campus
news and events will be updated throughout the day.
TommieMedia is 100 percent digital and will maintain news content through various
forms of media such as:
- Online News Content
- Streaming Videos
- Slide Shows
- Student Based Television Programming
TommieMedia is the only student-led and reported news organization to
incorporate cutting-edge multimedia technology. TommieMedia reflects
today’s journalism and media, and provides better opportunities for
students to develop key professional skills.
TommieMedia reflects more than the St. Thomas campus; it is a news resource
for the entire community. TommieMedia connects the neighbors and community
to the University of St. Thomas by keeping all parties in the know.
- Campus-Wide Internet Network
- E-mail and Web Accessibility
- 22 Fully Accesible Computer Labs
- 100% Classroom Internet Accessibility
- 100% Residence Hall and Lounge Accessibility
- 100% Accessible to anyone with internet capability
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment: 6,164
- Male: 51.6%
- Female: 48.3%
- Total Graduate Enrollment: 4,799
- Full Time Students: 94.2%
- Network of more than 75,000 in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Total Employees: 1,956
- Full Time Faculty: 410
- Part Time Faculty: 455
- Full Time Staff: 1,091
- Surrounding Community: 280,000
- Surrounding Households: 212,109
- Surrounding Families: 63,897