TommieMedia.com is a news organization for the University of St. Thomas community and surrounding communities. Please read the following terms of service carefully so as to follow the guidelines laid out for using this Web site. If you do not wish to agree to these conditions, do not use this Web site.
All information posted will be as up to date as possible, but some posts may become inaccurate over time. TommieMedia can add, change, remove or suspend all contents at all time without prior notice.
Fees and Charges. TommieMedia.com will charge no fees for the basic uses of the Web site. TommieMedia still reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to portions of the Web site. You will not be charged unless we will obtain your prior agreement to pay any given charges.
Content. All materials that are published on TommieMedia.com, including but not limited to articles, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, and advertising copy, are protected by copyright and owned by TommieMedia.
Use of Content. You may use TommieMedia content online and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a copy of any portion of the content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice contained in or on such content.
Unless authorized you may not reproduce, sell and display any portion of TommieMedia content. Also tampering with any TommieMedia software or manipulating posted content is prohibited.
Copyright. TommieMedia asks our users to respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly provide TommieMedia with this information.
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site;
4. Your address, telephone number and email address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Prohibited uses of TommieMedia.com. As a TommieMedia.com user, you agree not to use its content for any unlawful purposes. TomnmieMedia wants to create two-way street in terms of communication with readers and our staff members and therefore comments on stories are encouraged. However, TommieMedia aims to create a respectful discussion regarding the stories and issues regarding the University of St. Thomas and therefore any offensive statements will not be allowed. TommieMedia staff reserves the right to remove comments that are racist, inappropriate, threaten, defame or aren’t relevant to the piece posted on. Also, posts containing viruses and destructive files are prohibited.
Submission of Content. Anything you submit to TommieMedia.com may be used again in any way shape or form.
Linking Policy. If you link to TommieMedia.com, you must comply with the following guidelines. The link cannot damage the quality product TommieMedia.com strives to create. The link also may not give the viewer the assumption your site is affiliated with TommieMedia.com. Linking with TommieMedia.com follows the same protocol of the content of TommieMedia.com comments. No unlawful links that are in any way inappropriate may be posted.
Location. TommieMedia operates TommieMedia.com in the United States. If you access TommieMedia.com from other locations you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer; Limitations on Liability; Indemnity. TommieMedia and its divisions, advisers and members make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, accuracy, timeliness or adequacy of any information, facts, views, opinions, statements, or recommendations contained on TommieMedia.com. Reference to any product, process, publication or service of any third party by trade name, domain name, trademark, service mark, logo, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by TommieMedia.
Security Breaches. The Internet may be subject to breaches of security. TommieMedia.com is not responsible for any resulting damage to any user’s computer from any such security breach or any array of viruses or harmful malfunctions. You should also be aware that e-mail submissions over the Internet may not be secure, and you should consider this before e-mailing TommieMedia.com.
No Liability for Damages. You agree that TommieMedia is not liable to you for damages of any kind, in connection with TommieMedia.com.
Use at your Own Risk. TommieMedia contains facts, opinions, views, statements, and recommendations of third-party individuals and organizations. The site does not represent or endorse the accuracy, timeliness or reliability of any facts, opinions, views, statements and/or recommendations or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through TommieMedia.com. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such facts, opinions, views, statements, and/or recommendations is at your sole risk.
Comment Policy. TommieMedia does not require registration to comment, but all comments require first name, last name and an email address. Comments exceeding 500 words in length will not be approved. First names and last names will appear on the site with the comment. Comments and email submissions are subject to editorial staff approval before appearing online. TommieMedia reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
1. Commenters voice opinions at their own risk. TommieMedia is not liable to you for damages of any kind in connection with TommieMedia.com.
2. Libelous claims or statements that misrepresent a person or people will not be approved. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason.
3. Defamation of public figures will not be approved. Public figures include, but are not limited to, St. Thomas officials, faculty, employees and students.
4. Profanity or vulgar language will not be approved. We will not print material with obscene vocabulary.
5. Advertising and spam will not be approved. Paid advertising is an important TommieMedia revenue source and allowing commercial speech or links unrelated to the factuality of the post would be unfair to our sponsors. Our ad sales staff is separate from the news staff and commerce on our comment boards is likewise an ethical conflict.
6. See also Prohibited Uses of TommieMedia section above.
Terms last updated on November 5, 2009.