Please review the submission guidelines below.
Submission of Content. Anything you submit to TommieMedia.com may be used again in any way shape or form. Email submissions are subject to editorial staff approval before appearing online. TommieMedia reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
- Commenters voice opinions at their own risk. TommieMedia is not liable to you for damages of any kind in connection with TommieMedia.com.
- Libelous claims or statements that misrepresent a person or people will not be approved. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason.
- Defamation of public figures will not be approved. Public figures include, but are not limited to, St. Thomas officials, faculty, employees and students.
- Profanity or vulgar language will not be approved. We will not print material with obscene vocabulary.
- Letters to the Editor are subject to editorial staff review and approval. As in the case of comments, a first name, last name and email address must be submitted to the TommieMedia editorial staff. Such letters face the same level of scrutiny and standards as comments. If approved, the author’s name(s) will be used in the post – unless such use places the author(s) in danger of harm or the confidentiality is necessary for public interest.
- Material submitted to TommieMedia must be original. Comments or letters that have been published elsewhere (website, blog, etc.) will not be considered.
- Advertising and spam will not be approved. Paid advertising is an important TommieMedia revenue source, and allowing commercial speech or links unrelated to the factuality of the post would be unfair to our sponsors.
View our full Terms of Service for more information.